South Korea conducted a civil defence drill at a hotel in Seoul on Wednesday (August 19) as part of the country's annual Ulchi civil defence exercise.
About 240 personnel from the military, police, fire department, and local government were mobilised in drills simulating multiple threats at a hotel — including bomb, chemical, fire and drone scenarios — according to the Songpa-gu office.
Earlier in the day, South Korea and the United States said that they will cut short annual joint military drills to five days from 11 and scale back some field training, after President Donald Trump ordered a substantial reduction in U.S. participation.
The Ulchi Freedom Shield exercise, which began on August 17, will now run through August 21, South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff and a Pentagon official said, instead of the original end date of August 27.
Posted by: AAngeles/NET25 News